Sustainable Employment & Economic Development Strategies (SEEDS), operating under the Administration Department of LTBB, offers Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) Technology training in partnership with North Central Michigan College and the Manufacturing Advisory Team. Designed to enhance personal and organizational development, the career-based CNC training programs are offered in four different modules including, Dual Enrollment, Traditional, Workforce Development, and Employer Based.
- Dual Modules
- Accredited CNC training, via the mobile FAB LAB will be offered at Boyne City, Central Lake, East Jordan, Wolverine and Pellston for the 2016/2017 school year.
- Additional high schools will be added to the roster in future years.
- Dual enrollment classes in CNC technology may also be taken at North Central’s Stationary Lab, located at the main campus.
- Summer Opportunities
- Traditional College
- Accredited CNC training will be offered in both the mobile FAB LAB and Stationary Lab at North Central Michigan College’s main campus, in Petoskey Mi.
- Workforce Development
- In partnership with Michigan Works!, Workforce Development training focusing on those who find themselves unemployed, under-employed, and/or seasonally employed. CNC training is offered in condensed formats designed to increase employability skills and get you in a manufacturing career in very little time.
- In partnerships with Michigan Works, North Central and other community organizations the SEEDS project is offering FREE CNC training for eligible participants (unemployed, underemployed, displaced, income eligible, incumbent, etc.). In just 8 days you can learn a valuable skilled trade in a hands-on approach and become prepared to enter an exciting and rewarding occupation in manufacturing. CNC training starts March 13th and runs through March 24th.
To learn more or pre-register you can stop in at the Petoskey Michigan Works! Center, call Renee at 231-347-5150 and/or contact me with any questions or concerns.
- Employer Based
- Employer Based training is available for manufacturing companies who wish to increase the skill level of current employee’s. (Please change employee’s to employees)
- CNC training under Employer Based, is customized to fit the specific needs of the organization and is offered on site, and/or at North Central’s main campus with flexible times and dates available.
- Manual Machining is offered through partnership with Industrial Arts Institute
Financial assistance is available and participants are eligible for free one-on-one career advising and job placement services. For more detail and/or schedule an advising appointment please contact 231-242-1579 or email, SEEDS Project Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.