Higher Education Services
Higher Education Programs
Amanda Swiss, Higher Education Services Specialist
Michele Chingwa Education Assistance Scholarship
The current Michelle Chingwa Education Assistance Scholarship Program was enacted through Waganakising Odawak Statute 2007-005, and became effective on January 1, 2008. This scholarship program is a tribally funded program providing monetary scholarships to Tribal citizens pursuing a higher education.
The GPA and College Completion Merit Scholarships are awards that recognize your academic achievements as LTBB tribal citizens. The program has been developed to help students strive for academic success and to reward students for meeting their academic goals.
This program is available to all LTBB tribal citizens and provides payment of all five (5) GED tests: Math, Science, Social Studies, Language Arts-Reading and Language Arts-Writing. Assistance for mileage to and from test site and childcare assistance are available.
Adult Vocational Training Program
This program provides assistance to tribal members who are in need of vocational training or vocational education in order to enhance their employability.
This program focuses on certificate and license granting training.
- provides assistance towards the completion of a certificate or license granted through an accredited institution . The award shall not exceed a $1500 lifetime maximum.
- provides assistance with direct expenses only (tuition, books, fees, supplies, etc.) and shall be paid to the institution or vender directly.
- is available to tribal members on a first come first serve basis until funds for year are exhausted.
- does not provide for reimbursement of expenses.
- is not available to Michelle Chingwa recipients until grades from last semester awarded are received.
- is not available to students with outstanding balances for Michelle Chingwa Education Assistance program until their outstanding balance is $0.
- Shall not be combined with the Michelle Chingwa Education Assistance Scholarship for the same program of study.
The application process requires:
- Completed LTBB Adult Vocational Training Application
- Copy of Tribal Membership Card
- Release of Information Form
- Certificate of Agreement
- Copy of Current Class Schedule/Proof of enrollment
- Copy of program information from accredited institution including program length, cost of attendance and supplies needed. Example: Brochure or website
- Completed W-9 Form(s)
- Copy of fee schedule and invoice to be paid
Helping you find scholarships to fund your college needs