Welcome to LTBB Cultural Library
New in Library
- More than frybread
"Twenty-two Native American frybread makers, representing all twenty-two tribes in Arizona, convene in Flagstaff to compete for the first ever, first annual, state of Arizona Frybread Championship!"--Container.
- Gathering of nations pow-wow : a spirits dance
- Bear Creek XI : pow-wow songs recorded live at San Manuel
- Gah-baeh-Jhagwah-buk : The way it happened : a visual culture history of the Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa
- Barking water
"Frankie is dying. Irene hasnt forgiven him. And they are racing against time to find their way home. Frankie needs help and Irene is the one he turns to. He must go home one last time. And, like so many times before, Irene is extending herself beyond her common sense. The two set out on a journey that becomes more than getting home; confronting the past, love, understanding, and self discovery. Barking Water is a tale of great love that looks at what brings us all together. Its a tale of home...and what it takes to get there"--Copyright descriptive material.
- Mens northern styles traditional dance, grass dance, chicken dance
- Hanta po : photographic retrospective of the American Indian Movement, 1968-2006
Spokesman for The American Indian Movement Vernon Bellecourt and photographer Dick Bancroft recount the stories behind an exhibit of Bancrofts AIM-related photography.
- Ojibwa warrior : Dennis Banks and the rise of the American Indian Movement
- Food is medicine : recovering traditional foods to heal the people
- Sacred smoke : the ancient art of smudging for modern times