Welcome to LTBB Cultural Library
LTBB SUMMER 2015 READ A THON
LTBB Cultural Library Mission
CHECK OUT OUR E LIBRARY!
UPCOMING MONTHLY THEMES
New in Library
July is Manoomin ( Wild Rice) Month
- The place where the Crooked Tree stood : [a history of L'Arbre Croche, focusing on the settlements of Good Hart and Middle Village, from the recollections of those who came this way and stayed a while]
- Gah-baeh-Jhagwah-buk : The way it happened : a visual culture history of the Little Traverse Bay Bands of Odawa
Shayla Stonefeather, a Native American attorney prosecuting a Lakota teen in a controversial murder trial, returns to the reservation to say goodbye to her dying father. After the teen is killed, she hears ghostly voices and sees strange visions that cause her to re-examine beliefs she thought she left behind.
- Charlevoix Bands : a Native American celebration
- Flags of our Fathers
The story about five Marines and one Navy corpsman that were forever immortalized as a symbol of WWII by raising the flag at the battle of Iwo Jima, also the story of Ira Hayes.
- American Indian Dances
- Incident at Oglala
From the container: "In 1975, armed FBI agents illegally entered the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. Gunfire erupted- a Native American and two FBI agents fell dead. After the largest manhunt in FBI history, three men were apprehended- only one, Leonard Peltier, was convicted of murder and sentenced to life in prison. This is his story.".
- The dog's children : Anishinaabe texts
- Honor the earth powwow songs of the Great Lakes Indians