Welcome to LTBB Cultural Library
New in Library
Shayla Stonefeather, a Native American attorney prosecuting a Lakota teen in a controversial murder trial, returns to the reservation to say goodbye to her dying father. After the teen is killed, she hears ghostly voices and sees strange visions that cause her to re-examine beliefs she thought she left behind.
- Im not the Indian you had in mind
The film explores the stereotypical portrayal of First Nations peoples in the media. Thomas King narrates this spoken word short that offers an insight into how First Nations people today are changing old ideas and empowering themselves in the greater community.
- Spirits dark and light : supernatural tales from the five civilized tribes
Contains twenty-five stories with supernatural subjects, inspired by tales from the Creek, Cherokee, Chickasaw, Choctaw, and Seminole nations.
- Crooked Tree
- Spirit : the seventh fire
- Beyond the gates of splendor
Beyond the gates is a feature-length documentary film experience about the Waodani Indians and the missionary men and women who have given their lives to reach them. An inspiring story of forgiveness and love.
- Black Indians an American story
Explores the issue of racial identity among Native and African Americans.
- Spider womans web : traditional Native American tales about womens power
- Columbus didnt discover us